"It was great to talk to someone who understands and listens to my problems and is able to offer good help and advice."
When you are looking after someone, it is difficult to know who to contact for information about local services. Our Carers Helpline can answer questions you may have, such as:
- who can give me benefits advice?
- where do I get aids and equipment to make daily living easier?
- how can I arrange a short break?
- how do I get a wheelchair for the person I look after?
- does anyone help with small DIY jobs?
- can we get some adaptations for our home?
- where do we apply for a Blue Badge for parking concessions?
The Helpline is currently open 24/7 – from 9am to 5pm weekdays call with any caring related query as above or just to talk to someone in confidence about your caring role. At all other times (evenings/weekends/Bank Holidays) call if you have a urgent issue or emergency with your caring role.
All calls are treated in confidence. We do not pass on your details to any other agencies without your permission (for example, you may ask us to contact social services on your behalf). Staff are empathetic and understand the need to be able to talk to someone in confidence about your situation.